CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Pie, anyone!?!

I was roaming around YouTube last night watching projects from Custom Crops and I stumbled upon the coolest thing ever!!! To some of you, I'm sure, this is probably old news but to me it is BRAND NEW and I am just so SUPER DUPER excited to try it.. Especially for Christmas gifts!!!!

Okay, are you ready?!?! It is called "Pie in a Jar"!!! And basically what you do is bake a pie, any kind of pie you want, in a jar in the oven. Then, you can give them as gifts for people to just open up, and eat it!!! How cool is that?!?!?!? You can also put all the ingredients in the jar, then freeze the jar, then.. whenever you want pie, just take the jar out of the freezer and pop it in the oven!!!!! I found this to be such a cute and inexpensive idea! Here is the link to learn the proper instructions for this recipe.
www.ourbestbites.com/2009/09/single-serving-pie-in-a-jar.html
I'm sure there are plenty of different methods but this link will show you a step by step process and it even includes (EASY) pie crust recipes.

And here is a picture of just how cute these little gifts are, not to mention YUMMY!!!


By the way! This is also an AWESOME gift to send to someone thru the mail!! Or maybe even a soldier overseas!!! Also, there are so many cute ways to embellish a jar!! That will be half the fun!


OKAY! Last but not least, here is my submission for MPS Countdown to Karlee day 3: Make something that has to do with Fall/Halloween. This card is for my sister who lives in North Carolina whom I miss terribly! She just sent me a card she made in the mail that I received today! And wouldn't you know it, we pretty much said the same thing to one another! How much we are missing our SISTER!!!!

Oh, and I couldn't help myself but to change my blog layout to something that goes along with this beautiful season! How many of you just loooove watching the leaves change colors in the fall?? I know I do!

Anyway, Happy Harvest everyone! Hope you enjoy the rest of your week as the weekend is quickly approaching us..Thank Goodness, right?! HA!


Let me know what you think about Pie in a Jar and if you have any additional ideas/info to add in!!!

3 comments:

Martha galvez said...

I love the Pie in a Jar Idea, thank you so much for sharing this.

Little Mrs. Shirey said...

that Pie in a Jar thing...WAY too cool!! I didn't know about that either!! That is sooo cool!

Beebeebabs said...

Such a cute card thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment