CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 8, 2010

One Day Closer

I have recently been asked to do a painting for a charity event called 'One Day Closer'. It's for a couple adopting a baby girl from Ethiopia. During the event there will be several items auctioned off to raise money for this family. This will all take place Saturday night. I am pretty excited to see the community come together for such a great and uncommon cause (around our town anyway)! So, here is my painting!



I wanted to incorporate the words 'faith,hope,love' into the painting because those are 3 things that you must have while going through situations like adopting a baby. I am sure it takes ALOT of faith and hope and in the end, when it's all said and done, I know that there must be soooo much love that is the result of such a long, scary process of adopting a child! The colors I used created an iridescent effect on the canvas. So, looking at it at one angle shows off features that you may not be able to see at another angle. But, overall I think it turned out nice.
Today, Hudson Wade has been running fever. I took him to the doctor and he was such a good little baby even though he doesn't feel good. He laid so still on the bed while Dr. Stanley examined him. I am so proud of how well behaved and cooperative he was. Here are some pictures of my sweet angel baby at the doctor!





This was BEFORE his shot! Poor baby cried a long time! But after we left, Nan took him to get some French fries to make him feel better while mommy dropped off his prescription for antibiotics. I sure hope he gets to feeling better. I'm anxious to see how our night goes!
Oh! And here is a pic of the hat he got on our date Friday night to leave you all with!
He is definitely mommy's little monkey!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment